Sunbutter Oceans - Surf Zinc (Various)
Did you know?! Every year 14,000 tonnes of sunscreens wash off bathers into our oceans. Science now knows that many of the chemicals present in traditional sunscreens directly impact ocean health. Oxybenzone is responsible for deformations in coral tissue and the death of coral larva while Titanium Dioxide has been found to react with light when in seawater producing hydrogen peroxide. These are just two of the culprits; unfortunately there are more.
Choosing a natural, reef-safe sunblock that is made from high quality certified sustainable ingredients is not only sun smart but environmentally smart.
Why have we selected this product?
- Three different surf zinc colours to choose from
- Handmade with 30%w/w non-nano particle zinc oxide and natural butters and oils
- Ready to apply thick for those long ocean sessions
- Easy to apply
- Ideal for surfs/paddles/swims or even prolonged periods out of the water
- Free from chemicals and parabens
- Plastic free
- Water resistant
- Safe for your skin and the sea!
- Packaged in a reusable and recyclable tin
- It smells so good you'll consider spreading it on your croissant!
Material: Ingredients: Non nano particle zinc oxide, Locally sourced Australian beeswax, Sweet almond oil, Virgin coconut oil, Organic unrefined cocoa butter. Iron oxides. Housed in a recyclable tin
Dimensions / weight: 70g
Made in: handmade in Australia
A message from the manufacturer:
Sunscreen in a tin is a little different to your usual plastic packaging so to ensure you get the best from your natural sunscreen make sure you store the tin sitting flat, keep it below 30 degrees, and wipe the thread occasionally with a cloth.