Discovery Corner Store Sunprints - Super Kit
Sunprints have been providing fun, education and creative stimulation for all ages since 1975. Sunprints were originally developed as a learning tool by educators at the Lawrence Hall of Science at the University of California.
They are perfect for curious kids looking to experiment with some sun-based science or for any age wanting to get in touch with their artistic side. Whether you want to add to your craft equipment, create some artistic pieces for your home or encourage some scientific based learning, Sunprints are the thing for you. They make excellent gifts and in turn can be used to create artistic gifts perfect for doting relatives. They truly are the gift that keeps on giving!
How it works:
- Get your kids (or adults!) to hunt or forage for some fun and interesting shaped objects such as a fern, flower or feather
- Arrange your objects on a piece of Sunprint paper out of the reach of the sun.
- Place the acrylic pressing sheet on top to flatten and hold your items to the Sunprint paper
- Take your Sunprint outside and lay it in direct sunlight for 2-5 minutes.
- Rinse your Sunprint in water. Watch the white turn into blue and the blue turn into white. To get the deepest blue that the paper can give, leave it in the water for a while: 1-5 minutes.
- Lay your Sunprint flat on an absorbent surface and allow it to dry.
- You can use a paper towel or a piece of cardboard as a bed for your Sunprint while it dries. Putting it on something absorbent will help to avoid the formation of water spots by drawing the water away from the Sunprint paper.
- Admire your beautiful, deep blue Sunprint!
Why have we selected this product?
- Kit includes 15 sheets of sunprint paper and 1 acrylic sheet (all you need is a piece of cardboard, a tub of water and some fun and interesting objects to print)
- Available in 2 sizes
- Refills available
- Fun for all the family
- Educational and encourages interaction with nature
- Makes a great gift
Product Stats:Material: Photographic paper
Dimensions / weight: 30.5cm L x 20cm W
Made in: USA
A message from the manufacturer:
Sunprints are recommended for children 6 years and over