Lil’ Bit Better - Laundry Soap Nuts 250g
Soap nuts or soap berries are derived from the fruit of a tree called 'Sapindus Mukorossi'. The tree fruits for 6 months of the year and continues to fruit for 90 years which makes it incredibly sustainable.
The berries naturally contain Saponin which is a surfactant and can be used like soap and hence are used as a natural alternative to laundry detergent. Soap nuts are 100% natural and organic and can be composted after use.
Simply add 4-5 soap nut shells to the reusable laundry bag provided and throw them straight in with your laundry. This same bag of nuts can be used ~5 times before they are composted in your back garden. Dry the shells between washes (or use again immediately if doing multiple loads of laundry).
Why have we selected this product?
- 100% natural and organic
- No chemicals
- Safe for waterways
- Compostable after use (simply throw into flower bed)
- Economical – each 250g bag of soap nuts will last approximately 200 washes which equates to 10c/wash
- Naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and hypoallergenic therefore great for sensitive skin or those with skin conditions
- Soap nuts can be used to make a liquid concentrate (instructions are provided) and can be used as laundry liquid or in a spray bottle as a natural pest control for your vegetable patch or as a pet shampoo (simply apply to fur, massage in and rinse).
- NEW sample bags available so you can "try before you buy" a full sized bag. Each sample bag contains approximately 10 soap nuts.
Material: Soap nuts and unbleached, biodegradable calico bag
Dimensions / weight: 250g
Made in: ethically sourced from Pakistan