Sunbutter Tinted SPF50 Reef-Safe Sunscreen
Did you know?! Every year 14,000 tonnes of sunscreens wash off bathers into our oceans. Science now knows that many of the chemicals present in traditional sunscreens directly impact ocean health. Oxybenzone is responsible for deformations in coral tissue and the death of coral larva while Titanium Dioxide has been found to react with light when in seawater producing hydrogen peroxide. These are just two of the culprits; unfortunately there are more.
Choosing a natural, reef-safe sunscreen that is made from high quality certified sustainable ingredients is not only sun smart but environmentally smart.
And now you can get all the benefits of Sunbutter's natural, plastic-free, reef-safe sunscreen but with natural sunkissed glow included. Great for a range of skin tones wanting a bronze glow or a better shade match. If white mineral sunscreens make you look washed out, this is your answer.
Why have we selected this product?
- Contains non-nano particle zinc oxide which blocks both UVA and UVB rays and lends superior restorative and nurturing qualities for sensitive and/or weathered skin
- Contains several derivatives of coconut oil to aid in spreadability and skin hydration
- Contains castor oil for its anti inflammatory properties and its ability to help reduce acne prone skin
- Contains vitamin E for its ability to improve skin elasticity and collagen production
- Large 100g tins of rich non-aqueous solution, which means each tin lasts longer than the same volume of most other sunscreens, as well as locking in more of your skins natural moisture
- Can be used in your daily suncare routine without causing chemical induced breakouts or stinging eyes
- Free from chemicals and parabens
- Vegan and plastic free
- Water resistant
- Packaged in a reusable and recyclable tin
- Therapeutic Goods Administration approved and registered
- Certified palm oil free
Material: Ingredients listed below. Housed in a recyclable tin
Dimensions / weight: 100g
Made in: a solar powered facility in Australia
A message from the manufacturer:
Sunscreen in a tin is a little different to your usual plastic packaging so to ensure you get the best from your natural sunscreen make sure you store the tin sitting flat, keep it below 30 degrees, and wipe the thread occasionally with a cloth.
Active Ingredients: Non Nano Zinc Oxide 227.5mg/g
Inactive Ingredients: Medium chain triglycerides (from coconut oil), Coco caprylate caprate (from coconut oil), Castor oil, Candelilla wax, Coconut oil, Theobroma oil (Cocoa butter), Polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate (vegetable based emulsifier), Natural vitamin E, Isostearic acid (plant based binder), Iron oxides.